College Station Independent School District Success...each life...each day...each
College Station Independent School District
Success...each life...each day...each hour
COLLEGE STATION INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
Joint Workshop Meeting with the City Council of the City of College Station
February 24, 2015 5:00 p.m.
College Station Utilities Training Facility Assembly Room
A. Call to Order
1. School Board President Valerie Jochen called the meeting to order at 5:15 pm.
B. Declaration of Quorum
1. President Valerie Jochen declared a quorum with seven members present. In attendance were President Valerie Jochen, Vice President Paul Dorsett, Secretary Jeff Harris, Trustees Carol Barrett, Michael Wesson, Quinn Williams and Michael Schaefer.
Representing the City of College Station were Mayor Nancy Berry, Mayor Pro Tem Blanche Brick, City Manager Kelly Templin and Council Members Steve Aldrich, Karl Mooney, John Nichols and Julie Schultz
C. Workshop Session
1. Consideration, discussion and possible action related to a TAMU marketing class study of families new to CSISD and their reasons for moving to the community.
a. Chuck Glenewinkel, Director for Communications, reviewed the results of the TAMU marketing class study on the reasons why people are choosing to move to the College Station community. Discussion occurred.
2. Consideration, discussion and possible action related to College Station ISD’s enrollment growth, campus capacities, and process to plan for this growth
a. Dr. Clark Ealy, Superintendent, presented information regarding district enrollment trends, bonds, facilities, campus capacities and the process to accommodate growth. Discussion occurred.
3. Consideration, discussion and possible action related to the City/School District partnerships
a. Glynn Walker, Deputy Superintendent for Business and Operations, reviewed partnerships between the City of College Station and the College Station ISD.
Without objection, President Valerie Jochen and Mayor Nancy Berry adjourned the meeting at 7:15 pm.
VALERIE JOCHEN JEFF HARRIS